NATIONAL PARKS 3-PACK Denali, Cuyahoga, Olympic
Since the early days of Field Notes they have been searching for just the right way to create an edition celebrating America’s National Parks. When they saw the work of the artists of The Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series, they knew exactly what to do. Field Notes is donating five percent of retail and wholesale purchases to the National Parks Service, to help preserve and expand on our nation’s best idea.
Includes Denali National Park by Dan McCarthy, Cuyahoga Valley National Park by Kim Smith, Olympic National Park by Daniel Danger.
The covers are printed on a variety of colored 100-lb. cover stocks from the French Paper Company of Niles, Michigan, using a custom, five-color process that started with under-printing white ink. This allowed Field Notes to incorporate the color of the paper into the artwork. The illustrative styles, the printing process, and the copper staples recall the heritage, and archival promotional materials and publications, of the National Park System.
Each book features a brief history of the park on its inside back cover, a spot for the official National Park Passport Stamp on the inside front cover, and 48 pages of Finch Opaque 60#T marked with a 3/16" graph to record your plans, routes, notes, and memories.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
- Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.